Monday, January 31, 2011

I love Weddings!!!

I just love weddings - Especially family weddings. And granddaughters are probably just as fun as daughters and not quite as much work. All I had to do was quilt for about a month solid. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.


This is granddaughter #l's quilt. It is very graphic and bold and modern. Quite matches the girl. She is the oldest and the first to be married - on Friday.

Since the bride loves purple, I put purple on the back and the flowers and leaves and swirls showed up quite well.

Granddaughter #2 was married on Saturday. It was quite the week-end, but at least family that had to travel from out of town got to attend both weddings with only one trip. It was well worth the effort and enjoyed by all.

Granddaughter #2's quilt is more traditional, but just as colorful and fun. She really loved it. I had so much fun quilting this one.


I'm sure they will have many cozy evenings cuddling under the quilt! I love you both!

2 comments:

Leahona said...

amazing!!! Love the colors and that detail! Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

awhhh. . .the quilts sure did turn out beautiful. I hope they love them as much as I do. Its amazing how a labor of love turns into something that you love because you love the person you are giving it to! Thanks for the great quiltling job mom!!