Friday, October 9, 2009

Birthdays are FUN!


Today is my granddaughter's birthday celebration! Birthday's can be great, especially when you are young. Her Mama made her a quilt and I just finished quilting it. It is pretty upbeat and has lots of fun color combinations. She should like it as she picked out all the colors months ago from her set of colored pencils. (I thought that was a pretty clever idea!) Here it is all ready for the binding.


I can never resist laying the quilt out on the bed to see what it looks like. This will go on a double bed, so it is pretty much bedspread size. There are pillow cases to match, but they are not finished yet. Mama had to work this morning.



Sometimes it looks fun from the back too. We didn't want to make it too "flowery", just a little. She is a girl after all!

2 comments:

Leahona said...

I think you should show the back on ALL of your quilts. It is so much easier it see your handy work! You are totally amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, that is so darling!!!