Thursday, October 22, 2009

Regrets!


Thinking about what to post on the blog next, I decided that quilts for the grandkids has not been covered fully. Early on I helped a granddaughter quilt her own quilt. She came to visit for a month in the summer, and we sure had fun. She knew before she came that she wanted to make a quilt, so she had already picked a pattern and material with her mother. We went to work right away picking a back to match all the fabrics and then on to the cutting out and the sewing. It was a work in patience for both of us. She had to slow down and learn that accuracy was important. We had a lot of fun working together, laughing together and enjoying a feeling of success together when she won a ribbon as a youth quilter in the state quilt quilt show.I regret that I didn't taken more pictures of the process, and especially a picture of Megan with her quilt. Alas, hind sight is always better than fore sight, and the only picture I have is one with her mom and me beside HER quilt. Darn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny how that happens, I have done some of that too!! It sure turned out wonderful and I am so glad you helped her to learn how to quilt/sew!!