Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My, How Time Flies!

Boy! Does time fly! I have been so busy that I forgot to post and when I remembered, I didn't have time. The customer I did the double wedding ring quilt for had two sons getting married within two weeks of each other. (And I think I have been busy). Consequently I had another wedding quilt to do right behind the other one.



Things really began to get out of control when a friend brought us his extra tomatoes and peppers and I knew that making salsa couldn't be put off any longer.





Such beautiful tomatoes and peppers just had to make beautiful and delicious salsa!


Right!

And then my husband bought a solar oven that he was anxious to try and so today I made bread in it. It was kind of fun, and so delicious that I won't even tell you how many slices I ate! I will say that it is a good thing that I had to keep running out to the back yard to see how it was doing. Hummmm, maybe I'll put in a casserole for supper.

All that and I did get the second quilt finished. Thank goodness it didn't take quite as long as the first one. It turned out nice and my son-in-law really liked it. Her choice of colors was beautiful!



Well, back to the kitchen! Lots to do this time of year!

2 comments:

Leahona said...

WOW! That pile of tomatoes looked daunting!! I am so proud of you! I am sure it was nothing compared to what you have done in the past judging by the not suprised look on Jacob's face when I excitedly showed him the pictures!! I am glad that oven worked so well for you. I don't think we would have the same success here with all this rain we have been having!

The quilt looks great! To bad you don't have anything to keep you busy!!! (wink wink)

Anonymous said...

Your right, it is a beautiful quilt! I like it. You did a great job on the quilting!! Was your customer happy with it? Thanks for keeping up "posted"!!!