Sunday, July 29, 2012

Finished At Last!!!!!

Months ago, I started quilting the biggest project that I have done so far in my experience. I have done larger quilts, but not anything with more designing, planning, sewing, unsewing, resewing and so forth. I told my daughter that I wanted her to design a quilt with lots of quilting space so that I could actually design and try things that I have never been able to do before because this kind of quilting is out of the norm that usually is done on customer quilts.
Here is the first step with the loading of the back of the quilt. This back was one of the challenges of the quilt. The back is red and the front is cream. That presents a challenge with two different colors of thread - red on the back and off white on the front. I learned a lot about tension that I had never really had to learn before. Fun!
Then the design work started. It was so fun. I decided to make the stars the center of each block and design aroung that.
From there is was just completing one area at a time and trying to keep all the design elements balanced and coordinated so that the quilt looked like a harmonious whole. There were times when a whole new area had to be redesigned so that it looked right.

1 comment:

OUR CLAN said...

You have become a very skilled long arm quilter! I am proud of you!!