Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer is the time for weddings

Finished a wedding quilt last week. I loved the color combination. This quilter really has an eye for color. Not many quilters will choose to put purple and orange and lime green together, but this quilt turned out to be really eye catching. I hope the bride likes it as much as her mother and I did.



It is a king size, or a queensize bedspread, so it was about as big as I can put on my machine. I really like to see them all mounted and being worked on. It is almost as fun as seeing the finished product.


Of course it is fun to see them all spread out on the bed as well. Makes me wish I had pillow shams to match each quilt. Oh Well!




And as always, the back is fun too! Makes a good ending for another beautiful quilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, you weren't kidding. Its gorgeous!! Part of what makes it work is that the pink and green are compliments, purple looks good with green, there is yellow with the purple (completment) and there is just enought purple 9 patch to jazz it up. Wow, she did a great job, I love it!!!