Tuesday, July 20, 2010


I worked on a beautiful quilt recently. The workmanship was exceptional and the result was really lovely. The piecing was precise and the colors were well chosen. Together the effect was soft and appealing. I enjoyed working on it very much and choose to use feathers on the whole top.


Since the fabrics used were rather scrappy, I didn't think formal feathers was quite the thing, and so I used a feather that I have worked to develop. It is a feather with a swirl and a leaf incorporated, so it is less formal and more fun.


As per usual, the back is fun too.



I didn't realize until the quilt had been returned to the customer that I didn't have pictures of the ends of the quilt. These pictures were taken before the quilt was turned to do the scalloped ends. The scalloped turned out really pretty. Wish I had remembered to take additional pictures when I was all done. Guess I must have had a senior moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That quilt may have been exceptional in its piecing, but it looks like the quilting was too!! Way to go!! I can see why she was so happy with it.