Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Boy's Quilts


Well, finished another quilt for a grandchild. His mom wanted it done for Christmas. Actually she wanted it done earlier, but I have been a little slow getting it done, so now it is for Christmas. She has had a lot of fun piecing quilts this last year and a half, and as they have to be done between customer quilts, sometimes it takes me awhile to get them finished. This is another boy quilt and I thought she did an excellent job. Boys are not always the easiest to do a quilt for, but her color choices and design choices seem just right for a teenage boy.


It is always a challenge for me to know just how to take a picture of a quilt so that it looks nice and shows the features of the quilt, etc. The first picture was taken out on the rock wall. This picture was taken on the trimming table because I thought it did a nice job of showing off the puff of the shapes. It should look really nice on the bed.


This picture is over the screen door. Ok, so I was getting desperate. The closeup below shows some detail of the border from the back. The sunshine really cast some nice shadows so that you can see it pretty well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah-ha!!! See, you worry too much!! It turned out wonderful, as always!! I am sure Parker will love it!!