Friday, July 24, 2009

I am a self proclaimed Fabric Junky!


My name is Glory Gifford and I am a Fabric Junky! I absolutely love fabrics. The texture, the colors, the way they look in different lights of the day. Even their smell! I like walking into a fabric store and inhaling that almost palatable scent. All my senses are awakened and I feel alive! For years I have kept boxes and boxes of fabrics piled in my basement. Many are remnants, some are from the poorer years when we gathered from textile dumpsters, and others are full pieces that I had to have, but have never figured out just the right project to use them for. Occasionally one of the kids will bravely sort through them and I hear mutters under their breath, wondering why Mom has so much fabric that she never uses... I just have to have fabric that I can use whenever I want to. One of my favorite dreams is to get fabric from old swatch books from designers or stores. There are so many varied textures and colors; it would be fabulous! I don't know if I can adequately convey to you the feelings fabric evokes, but if you know what it is I'm trying to say, then maybe you too are a Fabric Junky!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add one more "fabric junkie" to the list!!!

Anonymous said...

Glory did a great job on my "Pirate's Treasure" quilt.

Hannah said...

My name is Hannah Robinson and I am a fabric junkie. Admitance is the first step right!!!

Unknown said...

you are a funny woman! i think i will follow your blog. keep posting, i'll look forward to reading...

Jacob said...

I think you raised fabric junkies. Just ask my wife!